This is the pie my Grandmother bakes for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and any other family gathering. It is my favorite.
1 cup sugar
1 cup Karo corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 extra-large eggs, well beaten
1 cup pecans
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- In heavy pot, bring sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla to boil. Remove and cool.
- When mixture has cooled completely, mix in well beaten eggs.
- Mix thoroughly — the sugar mixture will be quite thick and sticky.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange pecans in unbaked pastry shell.
- Pour mixture over pecans.
- Bake on middle rack of oven 50-60 minutes, or just until filling is puffed and set and nicely browned. Like custard pies, the filling will completely set upon cooling.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
Yields: 1 beautiful pecan pie
This pie is rich, sweet, and quite frankly the ultimate pie. It is great as is, or served with whipped cream or Blue Bell Home Made Vanilla ice cream.
This recipe came from Luby’s Cafeterias which at one time were found all over Texas with many in the San Antonio area.