There’s nothing better in the summer than a good bowl of home made Big
Red ice cream. This is my favorite. I can eat bowl after bowl of it.
1 quart whipping cream
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1 ten-ounce package of frozen strawberries (optional)
3 cans of Big Red (36 fluid ounces)
- Mix whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, strawberries (optional) and Big Red in a large bowl.
- Stir well.
- Pour into an ice cream freezer.
- Continue to fill freezer with whole milk to fill line (about 2/3 of freezer if not marked.)
- Follow the directions for your ice cream freezer
- (optional) For more solid ice cream, pour the ice cream into a container and place in your freezer overnight.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 1 to 1.5 gallons
The Big Red website is at http://www.bigredltd.com